First I want to say 2016 was wild! I started this blog up again in the spring and I have to say I am eternally grateful that circumstances led me down that path. It began with me ending a relationship that wasn’t serving me, a knee that troubled me most of the year, worry about the kids and the sale of my house AND THEN I let it all go and adventure reigned. I totally took the wheel and said I am going in a different direction!
I bounced around all summer trying every workout I could think of…plus I surfed, took up tennis and started dating again. I really took time for me and dug deep – I would even say excavated – on some old crap I was still carrying around. As the year started to wind down I began to get clear. I hosted a workshop in October about food and found I LOVED speaking to groups of people. I hosted a cooking lesson “party” and again found I loved spreading the word about healthy food – while showing people HOW to do it without killing themselves. I went on some good dates and maybe met someone nice (ok, I am still working on stuff – I am afraid to jinx it and say I met someone nice – I am a work in progress).
Last week, as the new year began, I found myself sick in bed with my life tossing around in my head. I had a lot of time to reflect and think about what I want for this year. Here we go….in 2017 I will:
– Expand my Health Coaching practice – I LOVE talking about all things food, health and fitness. I am on a mission to help people find a path that works or them specifically
– Get my body back! No more knee pain! I will run with ease and comfort (maybe slowly), build my strength and agility back up…and be dead sexy bathing suit ready come Memorial Day!
– Travel and adventure are a priority – not sure where but I am down for anything and my passport is ready to go.
– Time to start thinking about a move to a new home. This is super scary for a few reasons. I spent 2016 recovering emotionally and financially from the sale of my house. The idea of moving again is exciting and daunting but I will need to make the leap this year.
– I will be an empathetic human who puts her money where her mouth is. Translation – I witness so much negative talk every day on social media. All are entitled, as free speech is beautiful right – that said I believe people are losing sight of what it really means to make a world a better place. There is much we have no control over so I will do my part! I will give when I can, spend money with companies that assist women in need and volunteer my services in places they are needed.
I share all of this for a few reasons. When I write it down and commit to something it happens. I am committed to meeting and hopefully surpassing all of these goals. I want to say it loud so my friends and readers can hold me accountable. I want to spread good vibes on the internet. I want people to know that no matter how far a person is in their journey to a better life there are more miles to go.
I believe sharing and community are the keys to success. Last but not least – I said I will expand my health coaching practice – so if anyone out there thinks they need help getting more fit or healthy you now know I am making 2017 the year I help more people. If you need me I am here for you!
So Jan 11th feels like the real first day of the year for me. Maybe I am off to a delayed start. That’s ok – I am clear on what I want now and am ready to take the plunge. Are you??
Love and light,